Sugar Lime Blue
Sugar Lime Blue is the premiere Americana Soul/ Jam Band rising up from Nashville, Tennessee. The band pulls from several genres including Blues, Country, Rock and Jazz to create truly eclectic sounds. Performing nearly a thousand shows over the past decade in the Southeast, Sugar Lime Blue has seen international exposure with acknowledgement from dozens of press outlets, hundreds of radio stations and a growing grass roots fanbase from their weekly online performance, the #SundayShouOut. The captivating, redheaded gypsy songstress, Ashley Beth, heads the group with her soulful captivating voice that draws the listener deep into the songs lyrical content, while her husband Dave leads the band into deep musical dives and explores Grateful Dead like jams. Music lovers and fans of many genres will find commonality in Sugar Lime Blue.
The band has been featured in Relix Magazine, the Grateful Dead's website, Alternate-Root, Americana Rhythm, Jambands.Com, Rootstime(Belgium), Mad Mackeral(UK), Drunken Werewolf(UK) and many other local and national press outlets. Sugar Lime Blue has performed over 100 festivals including Swamp Cabbage(3 Years Running), Gardenstock(2 Years), Tye Dye Festival(10 Years) and dozens of others. Sugar Lime Blue has charted a #3 single(Move That Earth) on Country Radio and a top 5 Album(Narcoluptuous) on Relix/Jambands.com. Touting 3 original albums with a 4th on the way Sugar Lime Blue has established themselves as a force for now, and into the future of Americana, Jam Band and Blues-Rock Music.
At A Glance:
- 3 Full length independent album releases, with responses including:
- 3 months in 2019 on the Relix/JamBands.com Radio Chart peeking at #5
- Over 110 Adds on FM radio for the Narcoluptuous album
- Move that Earth single peaked at #3 in 2015 as reported by Spins Tracking System
- Featured Multiple times on the Grateful Dead's Website and Social media for covers of songs associated with the Grateful Dead.
- Featured in International Press
- Weekly Acoustic Video series the #SundayShoutOut has spanned 5+ Years on YouTube, gathering more than a quarter million views
- Performed in 15 states and to crowds in excess of 6,500 people.
- Independently booked and performed over 175 shows in the recent 2 year period.
- Band has performed on billings with Umphrey's McGee, Billy Strings, Moe, The Wood Brothers, STS9, Ween, Buddy Guy, Black Oak Arkansas, Larry Keel, Acoustic Syndicate, Rumpke Mountain Boys and many more.
Social Media Links
“...like a step back in time to the days when mainstream music was painted by rock royalty.....a bullseye with its unshakable sound without an expiration date.”
— Murfreesboro Pulse, - Jordan Hall 2019
(Click bylines to link to original article)
"(Sugar Lime Blue)...shakes it all up musically speaking, with an old-is-new-again style that feels comfortably familiar, but with a unique twist they definitely can call their own." - Sue Siens, Wilson County Living Magazine July/August 2016
“Like a black crow perched on a lonesome Southern wire, Sugar Lime Blue compel attention. ....On the road in the aftermath of their well-contoured new album, “Move That Earth,” Sugar Lime Blue come packed with new songs. They wisely blend Southern roots originals with clever covers.. Country in nature yet more attuned to folk and rock’s jam band element, Sugar Lime Blue sweeten with soul for a mix that blends rhythm with roots. Add a touch of mystery. Spin tight grooves and Sugar Lime Blue results in Southern rock finery.”- Tom Netherland, Bristol's Herald Courier (Oct 01, 2015)
"The band Sugar Lime Blue is a marriage made in musical heaven"
“The album covers what appears to be a well-aligned style of music that would fit the interests of most jamband fans. The band would be well received at any jamband or indie festival stage.” - Mike Bouchard, Jambands.ca (Feb 16, 2011)
"(Sugar Lime Blue)...shakes it all up musically speaking, with an old-is-new-again style that feels comfortably familiar, but with a unique twist they definitely can call their own."